1. Build a NEW gun from scratch using the drop-down menus.
2. Build a replica of an EXISTING gun and see how new upgrades will look.
3. Select a PREMADE gun from a list of COMPLETE RECEIVERS.
4. Browse guns you’ve created and saved (login required) for update or comparison.
Click AR-15 Builder to build your rifle or click on Brownells to shop for parts and accessories.
To save one or more gun builds for later reference or update, you must be logged in to your Brownells.com account. Simply click the Login button at the upper right corner of the screen. If you don’t have a Brownells.com account, you can create one (at no charge) by clicking the New Account button.
How to Use the AR-15 Builder
Follow these steps to build a NEW gun from scratch using the drop-down menus:
1. Hover the mouse pointer over the Lower Receiver button labeled in the Start Here area at the top of the page. Then click Complete Lower Receivers to load the selection area with pre-assembled lower receivers
Hover the mouse pointer over the “Build Your Lower Receiver” button, then hover and click “Stripped Lower Receivers” to load the selection area as described.
2. After the selection area has loaded, hover over any item to display the a box with item number, price, stock status, and other helpful information. Click on the left and right arrows to view more item selections in that category.
3. To select a part for your build, simply click on it or drag and drop it to the build area. AR15Builder will automatically index the part to the proper location on the gun.
4. Navigate through the remaining categories, selecting the parts until your gun is complete.
NOTE: While complete uppers and lowers are the easiest to put together, they allow for limited customization. To build a truly customized rifle, you will need start the build with stripped upper and lower receivers. However, if you choose the complete upper/lower route, we do have several great options available; simply substitute one item for another using the same click or drag/drop method described in number 3 above.
5. When you have completed your build and are ready to purchase the parts, click on the “Send to Cart” button at the lower right, and all of the items will be sent to a Brownells.com shopping cart. You will be asked if you would like to put out-of-stock items on backorder.
6. To save your build, you must log in to your Brownells.com account by clicking the “Login” button at the upper right corner of the screen. If you don’t have a Brownells.com account, you can create one (at no charge) by clicking the “New Account” button and following the on-screen instructions. Close the Brownells.com window when you’re done, and you should see the AR15Builder screen behind it. Once your build has been saved, you can easily access it from the dropdown that appears after you log in to your account. There’s no limit on the number of builds you can save.
7. To clear the build area and begin another AR15 Build, click the X icon in the lower right corner or drag the individual components you wish to remove to trash can in the lower left corner.